The founder of a new actuarial certificate firm has confirmed they are now in operation, and are entering the market with a low-cost offering.
John Tellyros and Marco Costa, formerly of Accurium, have launched a new actuarial firm for the Australian market – TCW Actuarial.
Mr Tellyros said the new firm will provide actuarial certification for SMSFs and perform work for family law practices.
“The new firm will have a strong emphasis on supplying adequacy defined benefit and exempt current pension income actuarial certificates to all SMSF practitioners and trustees,” the pair said in a statement.
Mr Tellyros said after many years of working for the major actuarial certificate providers, they decided to create their own entity.
Price and operating on a large scale will be some of the key focuses of the company, he added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all