A fintech company has launched a new platform allowing advisers, SMSF trustees and other retail investors to research, buy, manage and switch term deposits.
Cashwerkz, the company launching the cloud-based platform, said opening or switching term deposits can require time and paperwork, which can be a disincentive for changing term deposits, which the platform reduces.
Cashwerkz chief executive John Edginton said platform users will only need verify their identity once, and then they have the flexibility of switching between different term deposits – usually without the need to provide additional paperwork.
"There is no need to go to the bank and fill out forms," said Mr Edginton.
"We have attracted many of the top financial organisations to our platform including nab, Westpac, Macquarie and St George. At this stage we offer term deposits but we will soon be adding other cash products such as high interest savings accounts, cash management accounts and potentially bonds."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all