The ATO has reiterated it is “getting serious” with non-lodging SMSFs this year.
In a public statement this week, and consistent with previous warnings, the ATO reminded SMSF trustees that if their SMSF has two or more annual returns overdue, their regulation details will be removed from Super Fund Lookup (SFLU).
“Removal of your SMSF details from SFLU means your fund will not be able to receive rollovers or establish new contribution arrangements. Until your lodgments are brought up-to-date, your details will not appear on the register,” the ATO stated.
“You will be notified in writing if your SMSF details are removed from the register. We will also remind APRA funds to check the SMSF details on SFLU before progressing rollovers."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Critical disclosures flagged for US expat clientsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO position on ECPIBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all