GPS Wealth has launched an app that it says can determine the appropriate licensing solution for accountants “in just 60 seconds”.
The web-based application has been developed to help accountants understand their licensing needs and requirements under the government’s new regulatory framework, which is effective 1 July 2016.
After completing an online questionnaire, accountants will be contacted within one business day so their licensing needs can be confirmed and their options explained to them in detail.
“Having spoken to hundreds of accountants in the last 12 months, we’ve learned that there’s a lot of confusion, misinformation and a general lack of information in the market around licensing, which is why we developed this app,” said Greg Holman, director of GPS Wealth and the app’s creator.
“Our goal is to educate accountants on their licensing options because time is ticking away. Getting ready for the new regime doesn’t have to be complex or expensive and the app aims to make it easy for accountants to move forward with confidence,” he said.
“The app was designed to make information on licensing readily available to more accountants because there’s only 10 months left before the accountants’ exemption is removed which will force many accountants to be licensed in order to continue providing the services they’ve always provided.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2017Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Aug 2017Qld succession law changes tipped to impact SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 16 Aug 2017Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tierBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 15 Aug 2017SMSF auditor disqualified for misconductBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Class gains market share in financial year resultsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reporting
With events-based reporting set to generate huge amounts of data, concerns have been raised about whether the ATO’s systems will be able t...read more
- Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tier
Clients hoping to accumulate a superannuation balance of $1.6 million by age 65 will need to start taking full advantage of concessional con...read more
- SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reporting
A straw poll has revealed that the majority of SMSF firms currently feel their firm is not equipped to deal with the proposed events-based r...read more
- view all