A senior employee at Cavendish has confirmed his departure after 16 years with the SMSF administrator.
Speaking to SMSF Adviser, a Cavendish spokesperson confirmed that Tim Miller, head of education and market development, finished in his role with the company on Friday 6 March.
“Tim has made an invaluable contribution to Cavendish and the wider industry over," the spokesperson said. "We wish him all the best for the future."
Also speaking to SMSF Adviser, Mr Miller said while he enjoyed his time at Cavendish, he is ready for the next phase in his career and plans on setting up his own consultancy.
“Basically the idea is to take that CPD process and also that trustee education stuff and build on the years that I’ve been doing it with Cavendish to take it to the broader market,” he said.
“So, to be able to do what I do without limitations [on] who I do it for,” he added.
Mr Miller said there were no issues with Cavendish upon his departure, and he looks forward to working with the company in the future.
“After 16 years it’s probably the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, but I thought it was time. They’ve got such a strong team there now, it’s the best time to do it.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all