The ATO has launched ‘SMSF assist’ to help SMSF practitioners and their clients “find answers to SMSF questions”.
The online service was launched by the ATO late last week and is intended to provide a simple way for practitioners and trustees to “self-help” on SMSF queries.
Topics available via this service include setting up a fund, contribution types, investment restrictions, benefit types, pension and income streams and winding up a fund.
“This tool can also help your clients if they are considering if an SMSF is right for them. They can simply type a question or keywords into the tool for an instant response,” the ATO stated.
The launch of this service follows the release of several online SMSF resources for both trustees and professionals, including videos and the ATO app.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all