The Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals has approved DomaCom’s fractional property investment fund for inclusion on the Filtered Research list due to its suitability for SMSF advisers.
In a statement issued earlier this week, DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis said the industry association’s decision to include the new fund reflects its “progressive” nature.
“The AIOFP [is] the first industry body to approve the new DomaCom fractional property investing fund,” said Mr Naoumidis. “They are a progressive group who have seen early on the benefits that the fractional model delivers investors.”
AIOFP executive director Peter Johnston said the association’s Filtered Research Committee (FRC) approved the fund due to its suitability for advisers working with SMSF investors.
“The FRC feels comfortable with the DomaCom process and recognises the truly unique characteristics of the offering,” he said.
“With the popularity of direct property in the SMSF market, we feel DomaCom offers an ideal way to still operate within ASIC’s jurisdiction whilst getting a spread of geographical risk.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- view all