SMSF accountants are looking to offer advisers access to client data online, according to the latest report from Investment Trends and OneVue.
One in five SMSF accountants currently offer their clients and advisers the option to access, review and action client data online, according to data from the OneVue/Investment Trends 2013 SMSF Accountant Report.
However, 23 per cent of SMSF accountants stated they wanted to offer this service in the next 12 months, and 47 per cent are considering this offering for the next few years.
“The report revealed that the perceived benefits of offering an online solution include greater administration efficiencies, accessibility and improved client interaction, as well as more timely information,” said OneVue’s head of strategy, sales and service, David Storm.
“For those not interested in providing such a solution, the main reasons were assurance of data security, cost and lack of client demand. However, one in four said they would reconsider if they were assured data was secure,” he added.
“One of the big pushes we’ve seen in the SMSF sector has certainly been around cloud-based computing solutions, particularly when it comes to administration efficiencies, greater accessibility and providing more timely information.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2017ATO set to add new items to SMSF watch listBy Katarina Taurian
- 26 Sep 2017ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trustsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reportingBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Sep 2017Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Consultant flags strategies to negate complex ECPI calculationsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 25 Sep 2017Survey results point to major concerns with new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trusts
One big four accounting firm says the ATO has started to zoom in on property development in unit trusts being held in SMSFs and the calculat...read more
- Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reporting
Analysis conducted by SMSF software provider BGL Corporate Solutions has indicated that around 290,000 SMSFs will be affected by the events-...read more
- Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountants
A discrepancy in ASIC’s treatment of licensed and unlicensed accountants in relation to the tax advice exemption instrument is driving acc...read more
- view all