The take-up of insurance within SMSFs has continued to grow, according to the latest CoreData survey.
One in four advised SMSF members have taken up insurance through their self-managed fund this year, according to CoreData’s 2013 risk report which surveyed 647 advisers between September and October.
However, risk written within super broadly has remained “virtually unchanged,” with less than half of advisers saying they wrote risk within super over the past year.
The proportion of financial adviser income derived from insurance advice has also grown steadily, despite a slight shift away from commissions, according to the survey.
CoreData found that risk business has grown to 55.9 per cent in 2013, up from 40.4 per cent in 2010, with particular growth among new clients.
The report also indicated that administration services are the most sought-after service provided to advisers from life insurer business development managers.
“This ties in with the importance that advisers have placed on support services from their licensees over the past 12 months, as identified in CoreData’s broader adviser research,” said Mr Saiz.
“We expect this to be the case going forward over the next 12 months as the reforms are digested.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans SMSF property spruikerBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says reportBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributionsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Sep 2017Lost and unclaimed super climbs to $18 billionBy Lara Bullock
- 21 Sep 2017ATO to release further guidance on reservesBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says report
Male SMSF members tend to hold a greater share of assets in higher risk investments including domestic shares and property in comparison to ...read more
- Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributions
SMSF trustees planning to make downsizer contributions have been warned that if a property has been subject to a partial sale in the 10 yea...read more
- ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reporting
The ATO has been asked to provide further clarity around the events based reporting requirements for LRBA repayments, with the new requireme...read more
- view all