Midwinter has responded to an adviser push to integrate its AdviceOS financial planning software with the online accounting tool Xero Cashbook, saying it will assist SMSF practitioners.
Speaking to SMSF Adviser’s sister publication ifa, managing director of Midwinter, Julian Plummer said the integrated software is “bridging the gap” between advisers and accountants.
“Advisers can have the elusive cash flow conversation that’s normally restricting to accountants, and accountants can now access the scaled advice components of AdviceOS, which allows them to take advantage of the introduction of the new limited AFS licence,” Mr Plummer said.
“We’ve had quite a few advisers ask us about this over the last couple of months, particularly over social media – and it was that advice feedback that led us in this direction and it fits neatly into our cloud based API driven strategy,” Mr Plummer added.
In a joint statement, Xero and Midwinter said the integration of these two software systems in the cloud would enable advisers to obtain “accurate information in real time for the adviser and client.”
The integration is said to enable advisers “to make more informed decisions and provide higher value services for their client.”
Chris Ridd, managing director of Xero, said: “In response to growing demand, Xero is entering the financial advisory channel. Cashbook is a powerful tool that lets professional advisers amplify their advice.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 May 2017ATO sheds light on LRBA reporting requirementsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 May 2017Software provider releases super reform-focused servicesBy Jotham Lian
- 22 May 2017ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance areaBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 May 2017Caution advised on ATO’s new super balance toolBy Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017SMSF real-time reporting slated for FY2018-19By Miranda Brownlee and Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017Lawyer points to benefits of AFCA for SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Software provider releases super reform-focused services
BGL has announced the release of services, designed to deal with the 2016-17 superannuation reforms, that will help clients tackle the new C...read more
- ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance area
With 8 per cent of funds failing to meet their lodgement obligations for the last two years at least, the ATO is set to up its compliance fo...read more
- view all