SMSF retirement phase assets in Australia are projected to account for 61.5 per cent of retirement income assets, according to research from DEXX&R.
By 2023, SMSF retirement phase assets are projected to account for $562 billion of Australia’s $914 billion in retirement income assets, according to the DEXX&R Market Projections Report.
As at June 2013, $296 billion of Australia’s total $506 billion held in SMSFs is in the retirement phase, according to DEXX&R.
This expected asset growth will increase the demand for fixed income investments which protect against inflation, DEXX&R stated.
The research also found that the total financial services market is projected to grow at an average annual rate of 7.5 per cent to $3,475 billion in the next 10 years.
The total superannuation market, excluding assets held in SMSF retirement income, is also expected to grow at an average rate of 8 per cent to $2,763 billion by June 2023.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all