Advisers see meeting the needs of SMSFs as a high priority, according to the 2013 Macquarie Adviser Services Cash Satisfaction Survey.
The survey attracted 270 responses from advisers and adviser support staff using Macquarie Cash Solutions, finding product features and online adviser services were among the top three drivers of adviser satisfaction.
In terms of product features, advisers identified meeting the needs of SMSFs as being “very important”.
Assessing its in-house offerings, Macquarie said the adviser satisfaction rating for meeting the needs of SMSF clients had increased from 8.4 out of 10 to 8.7 since the previous survey.
“SMSFs are a significant part of our client base and as the sector continues to grow, it is important that we deliver cash solutions that meet their needs,” said Macquarie Adviser Services head of cash products, Peter Forrest.
“Every SMSF trustee needs somewhere to hold their cash and requires a cash hub that helps them simplify super fund accounting, tax returns and end-of-year auditing.
“They also want flexibility to access funds and make payments, visibility of their account and security for their deposits,” he added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans SMSF property spruikerBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says reportBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributionsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Sep 2017Lost and unclaimed super climbs to $18 billionBy Lara Bullock
- 21 Sep 2017ATO to release further guidance on reservesBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says report
Male SMSF members tend to hold a greater share of assets in higher risk investments including domestic shares and property in comparison to ...read more
- Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributions
SMSF trustees planning to make downsizer contributions have been warned that if a property has been subject to a partial sale in the 10 yea...read more
- ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reporting
The ATO has been asked to provide further clarity around the events based reporting requirements for LRBA repayments, with the new requireme...read more
- view all