Accountants have been forming exclusive referral relationships with financial planners over the last 12 months, according to a OneVue/Investment Trends report.
The SMSF Accountant Report shows 28 per cent of accountants prefer referring their SMSF clients to one “trusted source” as opposed to several planners.
In addition, 85 per cent of accountants have SMSF clients with investment related queries, the report stated.
“If accountants are going to encourage SMSF clients to engage with a new specialist, having a trusted relationship with that specialist is vital both in terms of client satisfaction and client retention,” said OneVue’s head of partner solutions Brett Marsh.
“With a number of mergers taking place between financial planning and accounting practices across the board, those that don’t offer an all-encompassing service for SMSF clients are seeing greater value in building alliances with trusted professionals in order to remain competitive.
“We see that there is a growing importance being placed on adviser and accountant relationships and it is something that service providers need to support and make simpler going forward,” Mr Marsh added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 May 2017ATO sheds light on LRBA reporting requirementsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 May 2017Software provider releases super reform-focused servicesBy Jotham Lian
- 22 May 2017ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance areaBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 May 2017Caution advised on ATO’s new super balance toolBy Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017SMSF real-time reporting slated for FY2018-19By Miranda Brownlee and Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017Lawyer points to benefits of AFCA for SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Software provider releases super reform-focused services
BGL has announced the release of services, designed to deal with the 2016-17 superannuation reforms, that will help clients tackle the new C...read more
- ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance area
With 8 per cent of funds failing to meet their lodgement obligations for the last two years at least, the ATO is set to up its compliance fo...read more
- view all