An accounting and SMSF services provider has acquired a Melbourne-based financial advice firm.
SMSF services provider Fitzpatricks Group has acquired financial advice firm Retirement Victoria, after receiving funding from private equity investors Quadrant and Yorkway Capital Partners.
The group confirmed that Retirement Victoria would retain its name, licensing arrangements and its team servicing existing clients.
Retirement Victoria managing director Hugh Dickson plans to retire but will stay on with the business for a few months to assist with the transition.
Fitzpatricks group managing director John McMurdo said he was delighted that Retirement Victoria had joined the group.
“Retirement Victoria now in its 16th year of operation delivers a strongly client-centric, lifestyle-based approach to financial planning, highly consistent with the approach and philosophy practised by the Fitzpatricks group for many years,’ said Mr McMurdo.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2016‘Robo-advice’ reference turning SMSF investors awayBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Sep 2017‘Execution only’ approach with SMSFs high-risk for accountantsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Sep 2017Super saver scheme to benefit wealthy, says consultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 19 Sep 2017Government rules out tax cut for family trustsBy Lara Bullock
- 19 Sep 2017Government likely to review licensing regime, consultant predictsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Sep 2017Sluggish wage growth ‘undermining super savings’By Lucy Dean
- view all
- ‘Robo-advice’ reference turning SMSF investors away
Some SMSF trustees are ignoring automated advice services on the false assumption that none of these services involve any human overlay, say...read more
- ‘Execution only’ approach with SMSFs high-risk for accountants
An industry lawyer has warned the unlicensed accounting firms recently contacted by ASIC that justifying the provision of services without a...read more
- Super saver scheme to benefit wealthy, says consultant
One consultant expects that wealthy Australians will gain the most advantage from the First Home Super Saver Scheme while the overall take-u...read more
- view all