Superannuation statistics released by APRA for the 12 months to 30 June 2017 indicate a $12.7 billion increase in contributions across all super funds.
APRA’s superannuation statistics for June 2017 indicate that total contributions to super funds increased 12.2 per cent from $104.2 billion for the 2016 financial year to $116.9 billion for FY17.
Total benefit payments increased 15.1 per cent from $64.7 billion at June 2016 to $74.5 billion at June 2017.
Net contribution flows also rose, increasing 13.2 per cent to $38.6 billion at June 2017 from $34.1 billion last year.
Total SMSF assets increased 9.8 per cent from $634.7 billion in June 2016 to $696.7 billion at the end of June this year.
Total superannuation assets rose at a slightly higher rate of 10 per cent, increasing from $2.11 trillion in June 2016 to $2.32 trillion at 30 June 2017 this year.
MySuper products saw the biggest gains, jumping 25.5 per cent from $473.8 billion in June last year, up to $594.7 billion in June this year.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Sep 2016‘Robo-advice’ reference turning SMSF investors awayBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2016SMSF firms told not to ‘antagonise ASIC’By Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Sep 2016ATO to release further guidance on reservesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Sep 2017‘Execution only’ approach with SMSFs high-risk for accountantsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Sep 2017Super saver scheme to benefit wealthy, says consultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 19 Sep 2017Government rules out tax cut for family trustsBy Lara Bullock
- view all
- ‘Robo-advice’ reference turning SMSF investors away
Some SMSF trustees are ignoring automated advice services on the false assumption that none of these services involve any human overlay, say...read more
- ‘Execution only’ approach with SMSFs high-risk for accountants
An industry lawyer has warned the unlicensed accounting firms recently contacted by ASIC that justifying the provision of services without a...read more
- view all