Heffron SMSF Solutions has announced the acquisition of a Queensland-based firm which provides superannuation education, advice and administration.
Contracts were signed today on Heffron's acquisition of McPherson Super Consulting, a spokesperson told SMSF Adviser this afternoon.
"McPherson has established an enviable reputation for technical excellence within the Queensland accounting and financial planning community and we are delighted to say that Lyn Formica, Allan McPherson and their excellent team of SMSF education and consulting professionals will be also be joining us," said Heffron's managing director, Martin Heffron.
"McPherson's philosophy and culture are very aligned to our own and the addition of this high-quality team to our organisation will only enhance the strong technical team we already have and add material capacity to that team."
Led by director Ms Formica, the team will report to Heffron's head of customer, Meg Heffron, in her role as the leader of the education and training functions within Heffron. They will be working closely with Heffron's Leigh Mansell and the firm's technical staff.
Former ATO executive Stuart Forsyth recently announced his departure from McPherson.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all