SMSF Adviser can this afternoon confirm that the chief executive of Accurium is departing their role.
Tracy Williams, chief executive of Challenger-owned and Tasmania-based firm, Accurium, is finishing with the company today.
Doug McBirnie, senior actuary at Accurium, will step into the role of general manager. He will continue to be the signing actuary for the company.
Ms Williams has been with Accurium for five years, starting as chief executive when the company was branded Bendzulla Actuarial.
“This is a great opportunity for Doug and for the business. I’ve done what I needed to do to see through the changes we’ve experienced,” Ms Williams said.
Ms Williams was also integral to Accurium’s recent lobbying to retain the status quo for actuarial certificates after Treasury consulted on changes to the requirements for obtaining actuarial certificates
It is expected that she will remain within financial services.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all