BGL Corporate Solutions has announced a new integration with Link Market Services that automatically reconciles listed security holding balances with data from the share registry.
Simple Fund 360 will use registry data to ensure SMSF holding balances are reconciled on a quarterly basis or any other time required by the SMSF as part of a compliance check, with the reconciliation process occurring overnight.
BGL managing director Ron Lesh said in the past accountants, SMSF administrators and auditors had to confirm SMSF holding balances from holding statements or a share registry website.
“[This new] service will remove the need for an SMSF administrator or auditor to get paper holding statements or to individually confirm each holding balance on the Link website,” Mr Lesh said.
“BGL and Link have worked together to provide this service using the SMSF holder identification numbers to provide the point of connection.
“Automating the reconciling of holding balances with share registries, the single source of truth provides our clients with significant efficiencies and benefits. And the fact we have been able to automate this process without the need for a complicated sign-up or registration system is a fantastic achievement by our team.”
Mr Lesh said the next step for BGL would be to work towards zero touch processing, with the confirmation of holding balances and other data with the share registries.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2017Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Aug 2017Qld succession law changes tipped to impact SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 16 Aug 2017Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tierBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 15 Aug 2017SMSF auditor disqualified for misconductBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Class gains market share in financial year resultsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reporting
With events-based reporting set to generate huge amounts of data, concerns have been raised about whether the ATO’s systems will be able t...read more
- Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tier
Clients hoping to accumulate a superannuation balance of $1.6 million by age 65 will need to start taking full advantage of concessional con...read more
- SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reporting
A straw poll has revealed that the majority of SMSF firms currently feel their firm is not equipped to deal with the proposed events-based r...read more
- view all