Class has teamed up with an SMSF advice provider, allowing accountants administering SMSFs to offer financial advice services to clients without the need for an AFSL.
The partnership with Plenty Plus, which operates under its own AFSL, allows accountants to generate advice without the need for their own license.
Advice fees will also be calculated per transaction with no additional sign-up or ongoing fees.
Class chief executive Kevin Bungard said the importance of financial advice for SMSFs has been brought into sharp relief by the introduction of the super reforms.
“The impact of the super reforms on SMSF members and other investors frequently sees them needing advice beyond tax and compliance issues,” Mr Bungard said.
Plenty Plus co-founder and general manager Josh Golombick said the company is excited about being integrated with the cloud SMSF software provider.
“We look forward to offering Class SMSF members the advice and financial planning services that will help them meet their retirement and broader financial goals,” Mr Golombick said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all