SMSF document provider Topdocs has released new software for updating SMSF deeds that will eliminate the need for completing order forms.
Topdocs director Michael Spakman says integrations with BGL Simple Fund, Simple Fund 360, Class Super and SuperMate mean accountants can use the information already stored in their accounting software to order their deed updates without the need to complete order forms.
Following the introduction of the superannuation reform legislation, many accountants are speaking to their clients about updating their deeds, Mr Spakman said.
With accountants needing to update dozens or even hundreds of deeds, the new deed update software will be “an enormous time saving for them”.
In addition to the new ordering process, Topdocs – through its legal practice Topdocs Legal – will also provide individual legal review and sign off on each update prepared.
“[This ensures] any discrepancy in the fund details stored in the accounting software, and the deed for the fund, will be picked up and verified,” Mr Spakman said.
“Our safety net of legal review and sign off ensures that the legal risk associated with the updating of the deed stays with our legal practice, and not the adviser placing the order.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- view all