The addition of the Charter Hall Direct Office Fund to several investment and superannuation platforms has provided SMSF practitioners and trustees with greater access to funds.
The Direct Office Fund (DOF) is an unlisted property fund investing in a diversified portfolio of Australian office properties. It is now available on BT Wrap, BT Panorama, Macquarie Wrap, Colonial First State FirstWrap, HUB24, Netwealth and Powerwrap.
Head of Charter Hall Direct, Steven Bennett, said DOF continues to see interest from “high-net-worth, SMSFs, investors in retail super and pension platforms, and advised investors.”
“Overall, we see a noticeable increase in interest for institutionally managed direct property funds, which are providing a starting yield to investors above 6.0 per cent for high quality assets with conservative gearing,” Mr Bennett said.
“Despite the recent broader listed market volatility, unlisted investor demand for direct property remains robust due to the income yield and growth in distributions driven by long leases with fixed rental growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tierBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 15 Aug 2017SMSF auditor disqualified for misconductBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Class gains market share in financial year resultsBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017SMSF professionals warned on key client testBy Miranda Brownlee
- 15 Aug 2017‘Unintended consequences’ of super changes tipped to surfaceBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tier
Clients hoping to accumulate a superannuation balance of $1.6 million by age 65 will need to start taking full advantage of concessional con...read more
- SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reporting
A straw poll has revealed that the majority of SMSF firms currently feel their firm is not equipped to deal with the proposed events-based r...read more
- Class gains market share in financial year results
SMSF software provider Class has reported a 37 per cent increase in net profit after tax for the 2017 financial year and increased its share...read more
- view all