AIST has announced the appointment of Eva Scheerlinck as chief executive officer, after Tom Garcia stepped down earlier this month.
Mr Garcia spent five years in the role before Ms Scheerlinck stepped in as acting CEO.
Ms Scheerlinck was head of the governance and stewardship department for six years, and was responsible for leading the development of a new code of practice for AIST profit-to-member funds.
In addition to her roles at AIST, Ms Scheerlinck also has experience heading professional associations, including six years as CEO of the Australian Lawyers Alliance, a role that saw her named by BOSS Magazine as one of seven top young executives of the year.
“Eva is highly-respected across the superannuation industry and beyond for her significant contribution to key policy and governance debates, including her dedication to improving retirement outcomes for low-income earners and disadvantaged groups such as indigenous Australians,” AIST president David Smith said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all