SMSF auditing firm Evolv has developed a white-labelled outsourcing tool that performs the majority of SMS audit procedures on behalf of SMSF auditors.
Evolv executive director Ron Phipps-Ellis says the new offering, Evolv Grey, produces a financial and compliance audit though Evolv’s software and resources.
“Auditors then review our work and as their clients’ trusted adviser, continue to sign the audit report and charge the audit fee they are comfortable with,” Mr Phipps-Ellis said.
He said the SMSF audit industry is large and disparate, and mergers and acquisitions in this space are uncommon.
“[This] new offerings provide an alternate way to collaborate and do our jobs more efficiently – together.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:20Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Aug 2017Qld succession law changes tipped to impact SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 16 Aug 2017Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tierBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilities
A lack of understanding around taxable and non-taxable components in super funds could be exposing SMSF clients to unnecessary tax liabiliti...read more
- Contributions triple in June quarter, survey shows
The average contribution amount from SMSF trustees tripled for the June 2017 quarter, with super members looking to maximise their contribut...read more
- Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reporting
With events-based reporting set to generate huge amounts of data, concerns have been raised about whether the ATO’s systems will be able t...read more
- view all