Financial technology firm IRESS has announced it is set to acquire a superannuation software provider for a total cash purchase price of up to $90 million.
IRESS says it has entered into an agreement to acquire Financial Synergy.
The acquisition is expected to be more than 2 per cent EPS accretive in 2017.
As a result of the transaction, IRESS is launching a fully underwritten institutional placement for approximately 7.49 million shares to raise approximately $85 million to fund the acquisition.
Goldman Sachs is acting as the exclusive financial adviser to IRESS and is the sole lead manager and underwriter of the placement.
“Financial Synergy is an established and respected software solution provider and is a logical addition for IRESS in Australia,” IRESS chief executive Andrew Walsh said in a statement yesterday.
“It strongly complements our existing capabilities and focus in Australian financial services, trading and funds management technology, wealth management and advice. It is also in line with our growth strategy.
“IRESS currently provides a range of solutions to key segments of Australian financial services, underpinned by the growing superannuation industry. Financial Synergy increases the range and scale of services and solutions IRESS can provide to clients of both businesses.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all