Following the departure of Graeme Colley, the SMSF Association has announced the appointment of a new head of technical.
The SMSF Association has this afternoon announced the appointment of Peter Hogan, current national manager, SMSF advice at MLC, as its new head of technical.
"Peter brings many years of experience in SMSFs to the organisation, having previously worked before MLC at Plaza Financial, Colonial First State Investments, Macquarie Bank and the ATO in key superannuation, investment and taxation roles, and now the Association has the opportunity to benefit from this varied and rich skill set built up over many years," said SMSF Association chief executive Andrea Slattery.
Mr Hogan said he is "honoured and excited" to hold the position.
"I have a long relationship with the SMSF Association, having served as a director between 2004 and 2013, including the roles of chairman and vice chairman," Mr Hogan said.
"I understand the important role that the association plays in both the SMSF sector and the broader superannuation industry as an advocate for professionalism and high educational standards, and I look forward to contributing in every way possible in my new role.
"Having spent much of my professional career in superannuation and financial services, I want to use my experience and skills to the benefit of our members and the wider SMSF sector."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO position on ECPIBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all