Following the launch of its automation service for the application of ABNs and TFNs for SMSFs, documentation provider Topdocs has extended the service to companies and trusts.
Topdocs director Michael Spakman said every time a new SMSF, company or trust is required to register with the ATO, someone has to manually enter this information online, which can be a time-consuming process, taking up to 30 minutes depending on the person.
"Multiply this by the number of legal structures set up per year, and you have an enormous amount of wasted time currently existing in the industry," said Mr Spakman.
According to Mr Spakman, there are 200,000 companies registered in Australia each year, as well as huge volumes of unit and discretionary trusts.
"The new integration is one of a number that have been created to simplify the ordering process for advisers," said Mr Spakman.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 24 Aug 2017Critical disclosures flagged for US expat clientsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO position on ECPIBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all