BT is confident the BT Panorama platform will continue to pick up pace, and has reported significant "increased momentum" in the SMSF sector.
BT Panorama is now used by 1,600 SMSFs and has 2,200 registered advisers, BT head of SMSF Craig Lawrenson announced at the BTNext roadshow yesterday.
"While BT Panorama has quickly gained pace with advisers, we’re also seeing strong engagement from SMSFs and now have 1600 Australian SMSFs using the platform," said Mr Lawrenson.
BT general manager, platforms and investments, John Shuttleworth is confident of further growth for the platform.
"The future looks bright and there is more to come with BT Panorama this year. It’s full steam ahead and we’re working to deliver tailored model portfolios and additional portfolio construction capability in the coming months. We will also have available a complete superannuation offering by the end of the year," Mr Shuttleworth said.
These developments follow comments from earlier this year, when Mr Lawrenson told SMSF Adviser he has a "very clear mandate" to broaden the relationship Westpac has with its existing SMSF clients.
"I’m extremely excited by the opportunity of driving the SMSF business for BT and leveraging our strong history on the investment administration side [as well as] all our strong relationships with advisers," Mr Lawrenson said at the time.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Critical disclosures flagged for US expat clientsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO position on ECPIBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all