AMP Capital has added an infrastructure fund to its SMSF Suite off the back of demand from trustee investors.
According to a statement from AMP Capital, Core Infrastructure Fund offers retail investors access to direct infrastructure assets, typically only available to large institutional investors.
It invests in a targeted 50-50 mix of direct infrastructure and listed infrastructure securities.
“Infrastructure is a growing investment trend for our SMSF customers, particularly those who are looking for defensive assets to add to their portfolio,” said AMP Capital’s head of SMSF Tim Keegan.
AMP Capital said that during the five years to 31 December, the AMP Capital Core Infrastructure Fund outperformed its benchmark and delivered a return of 11.3 per cent per annum, including a cash yield of 6.6 per cent per annum.
During the same period, comparing the fund to the S&P/ASX 200 Accumulation Index, the Core Infrastructure Fund delivered 162 per cent of the return of Australian equities with 40 per cent of the volatility, AMP Capital stated.
The SMSF Suite, an initiative of AMP Capital, was launched in May 2014 in an attempt to put selected managed funds on the radar of SMSF trustees.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017ATO locks in contentious views on segregationBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Finalists announced for landmark new awards programBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017SMSFs cautioned on ECPI trap with excess amountsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Finalists announced for landmark new awards program
SMSF Adviser, together with SuperConcepts, is pleased to announce the finalists for the inaugural SMSF and Accounting Awards. ...read more
- view all