AMP has today confirmed a new operating structure for its SMSF business as well as revealing board appointments, management changes and a re-brand.
The business will now be named SuperConcepts to incorporate the “range of services” it offers, including administration, education and software services, AMP announced this morning.
AMP’s existing SMSF brands, which include AMP SMSF Solutions, Ascend, Cavendish, Justsuper, Multiport, SuperIQ, SuperMate and yourSMSF will operate as sub-brands of SuperConcepts.
The current managing director of AMP SMSF, Natasha Fenech, will be chief executive officer of SuperConcepts.
“This change unifies our businesses and teams, better positioning us to pursue the next phase of our growth strategy, which will be driven by high-quality customer service, access to a range of market leading SMSF product providers and the ongoing delivery of a superior SMSF software solution, SuperMate,” Ms Fenech said.
As SMSF Adviser reported last week, the business will be supported by its own board. AMP today confirmed the board will include former assistant deputy commissioner, superannuation at the ATO, Stuart Forsyth; SuperIQ’s chief executive Andrew Bloore; and chief customer officer at AMP Paul Sainsbury.
AMP also announced the rest of the board will include Ms Fenech, as well as Jonathan Deane, chief innovation officer at AMP.
Richard Grellman AM has been appointed as chair of the board.
Further, Stephen Doulgeridis, founder of Justsuper, has been appointed as general manager, business development, while former Supercorp chief executive officer, Kurt Groeneveld, has been appointed as chief technology officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2017ATO set to add new items to SMSF watch listBy Katarina Taurian
- 26 Sep 2017ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trustsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reportingBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Sep 2017Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Consultant flags strategies to negate complex ECPI calculationsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 25 Sep 2017Survey results point to major concerns with new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trusts
One big four accounting firm says the ATO has started to zoom in on property development in unit trusts being held in SMSFs and the calculat...read more
- Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reporting
Analysis conducted by SMSF software provider BGL Corporate Solutions has indicated that around 290,000 SMSFs will be affected by the events-...read more
- Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountants
A discrepancy in ASIC’s treatment of licensed and unlicensed accountants in relation to the tax advice exemption instrument is driving acc...read more
- view all