The first phase of the SMSF offering for BT Panorama has been officially launched and will enable advisers, accountants and clients to collaborate on the management of SMSF accounts.
BT said the new offering will provide access to the full range of investment options available on BT Panorama and will be supported by services that will help streamline the fund establishment process for individual trustees.
It will also include administration features allowing advisers, accountants and clients to access documents and statements needed to manage the fund.
“This includes a secure online document library, the production of individual member contribution statements, and the ability to upload external assets onto the platform for a whole of fund view,” BT said.
BT Panorama will also allow external assets such as property to be uploaded and provide two-way data feeds to accounting software.
John Shuttleworth, BT's general manager for platforms and operations, said advisers know there is no such thing as a typical client and “SMSFs are not really self-managed”.
“SMSF clients don’t suit a ‘one size fits all’ approach, given the diverse range of needs and preferences that these clients have,” said Mr Shuttleworth.
“Recognising this, BT Panorama delivers SMSF clients a flexible solution where advisers can pick and choose what works for their clients and their business model.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:20Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Qld succession law changes tipped to impact SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 16 Aug 2017Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tierBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 15 Aug 2017SMSF auditor disqualified for misconductBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Class gains market share in financial year resultsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Industry questions ATO’s capacity for new reporting
With events-based reporting set to generate huge amounts of data, concerns have been raised about whether the ATO’s systems will be able t...read more
- Contribution limits restricting future balances, warns mid-tier
Clients hoping to accumulate a superannuation balance of $1.6 million by age 65 will need to start taking full advantage of concessional con...read more
- SMSF firms underprepared for events-based reporting
A straw poll has revealed that the majority of SMSF firms currently feel their firm is not equipped to deal with the proposed events-based r...read more
- view all