An SMSF technical specialist and executive director at Macquarie will depart the bank this week to pursue legal and consultancy work.
David Shirlow, head of government relations, banking & financial services at Macquarie Bank confirmed today that he will leave the institution this week and told SMSF Adviser that he plans to undertake legal and consultancy work following his departure.
Mr Shirlow also confirmed he would remain as director and chair of the regulatory committee on the SMSF Association board.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all