The corporate regulator will be increasing company set-up and annual review fees from July 1 this year, a move which will impact SMSFs with corporate trustees.
Speaking to SMSF Adviser, AMP SMSF’s Peter Burgess explained the set-up fee increase, from $457 to $463, and the annual review fee increase, from $45 to $46 for a special purpose company, are relevant both to SMSF trustees and practitioners.
“Some practitioners and service providers may need to update their SMSF fee schedules and offer documents to reflect these increases from 1 July 2015,” Mr Burgess said.
“I would not expect such a small increase to have any impact on a member’s decision to appoint a corporate trustee for their SMSF. If it does it probably means they don’t fully understand the many benefits that, for most, flow from having a corporate trustee for their SMSF,” he added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all