Multinational investment manager and corporate advisory firm Aura Group has acquired a majority stake in a Sydney-based SMSF specialist advice and accounting boutique.
Accountable Financial Group (AFG), a self-licensed firm which provides SMSF, insurance and investment advice and was launched in response to the removal of the accountants’ exemption, has accepted a cash offer from Aura.
“[AFG] allows accountants to continue offering SMSF and superannuation advice to clients by offering multiple solutions ranging from minimum regulatory training requirements, a licence which allows accountants to offer bespoke advice authorisations, including general, limited and comprehensive advice solutions,” said a statement.
Aura Group managing director Calvin Ng said he was attracted to the firm’s almost $1 billion in funds under advice and access to SMSF investors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all