AMP has seen its SMSF Advice licensee numbers jump from 57 in 2013 to 128 at the end of 2014, according to its full-year results.
The results also showed an increase in the number of accounts administered by AMP SMSF with the total number rising by 627 to 15,462.
AMP attributed this growth to both AMP aligned advisers and non-aligned advisers and accountants.
“Growth was offset, in part, by some anticipated attrition from prior period SMSF acquisitions,” AMP said.
The results also showed SMSF assets under administration rose 14.4 per cent in the 2014 financial year to $18.9 billion.
Net profit for the company overall was $884 million for the 12 months to 31 December 2014. This is a 32 per cent increase from the $672 million net profit reported for 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans SMSF property spruikerBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says reportBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributionsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Sep 2017Lost and unclaimed super climbs to $18 billionBy Lara Bullock
- 21 Sep 2017ATO to release further guidance on reservesBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says report
Male SMSF members tend to hold a greater share of assets in higher risk investments including domestic shares and property in comparison to ...read more
- Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributions
SMSF trustees planning to make downsizer contributions have been warned that if a property has been subject to a partial sale in the 10 yea...read more
- ATO urged to address ‘unknowns’ with LRBA reporting
The ATO has been asked to provide further clarity around the events based reporting requirements for LRBA repayments, with the new requireme...read more
- view all