One of the joint accounting bodies has announced the appointment of a new president and chair of the board.
Wendy Leegel, a fellow of the IPA, was appointed to the presidency at the IPA’s Board meeting held in the Hunter Valley today.
She replaces Jason Parker who has now concluded two terms as president. Mr Parker will remain on the board and executive as immediate past president.
“Jason's contribution has been instrumental in leading the IPA strategic positioning. These achievements included boosting the IPA's financial position, exploring and executing strategic partnerships, strengthening the IPA media and digital presence amongst many others," Ms Leegel said.
IPA Chief Executive Andrew Conway said that Ms Leegel’s appointment aims to continue the “upward trajectory” of the IPA.
“The IPA has grown significantly due to the exceptional work of the IPA board and the team and I am sure all members will warmly welcome the appointment of Wendy as their president to continue that good work"
The IPA is one of the three professional accounting bodies in Australia. The joint accounting bodies have released a number of guides for members, including 'SMSF auditor competencies'.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2017Survey results point to major concerns with new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 25 Sep 2017Audit firm reports ‘tsunami’ of CGT errorsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 25 Sep 2017AIST slammed for ‘prejudiced views’ on SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans SMSF property spruikerBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Sep 2017Male SMSF investors ‘bigger risk takers’, says reportBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Lawyer flags subdivision trap with downsizer contributionsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Survey results point to major concerns with new reporting
A recent survey conducted by the SMSF Association reveals that less than half of SMSF practitioners are prepared for events-based reporting,...read more
- view all