Non-aligned licensee Fortnum Financial Group has launched a new licensing and consulting business aimed at accountants, in light of the new licensing regime for accountants providing SMSF advice.
In a statement released this week, the licensee announced the launch of Fortnum Professional Strategies – described as an “advice company for accountants” – which will provide an AFSL and a range of “complementary services” such as education and training.
Fortnum Private Wealth head of strategic development Scott Charlton, a chartered accountant and business coach, will lead the new venture, the statement announced.
“With the removal of the accountants’ exemption on July 1, 2016, many organisations have launched a licensing solution for accountants but licensing alone won’t ensure that accountants and their clients are better off under the new regime,” Mr Charlton said.
“In addition to licensing, we want to give accountants clarity and direction around their business model.
“We want to help them run more productive, efficient and profitable practices through training, coaching and interaction with their peers.”
Fortnum boss Ray Miles said the exit of Proactive Accountants Network from the training space opened up a void for the non-aligned licensee to fill.
“We don’t believe that the challenges facing accountants can be solved with licensing or software alone but rather we want to partner with people to implement effective programs and help grow their business,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Finalists announced for landmark new awards programBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017SMSFs cautioned on ECPI trap with excess amountsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Finalists announced for landmark new awards program
SMSF Adviser, together with SuperConcepts, is pleased to announce the finalists for the inaugural SMSF and Accounting Awards. ...read more
- view all