Wealth management and accounting firm Findex Group has contracted the founder of SMSF administrator CleverSuper, Chris Appleyard, to work on special projects.
Mr Appleyard, CleverSuper's chief executive – who also ran now-defunct financial planning group Custom Wealth Solutions – has joined the Findex Group as special project manager, an external consulting role that will see him work across the company’s various financial planning entities.
Speaking to SMSF Adviser, Findex chief executive Spiro Paule said he saw long-term potential in Mr Appleyard, pointing to the CleverSuper offering in particular.
“I’m not overly fixated on Chris’s former business life; I came to know Chris in our mutual endeavour to get better products and services out to the market and became aware of CleverSuper and thought there might be some application for our business,” Mr Paule said.
“I think he is a focused and highly intelligent young man and so when he got out of his other businesses we had a discussion about ways we can work together.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO position on ECPIBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all