In light of the rise of SMSFs, Local Government Super (LGS) has launched a DIY investment option for its members.
In an announcement yesterday, LGS said the DIY investment option enables members to invest in shares from the ASX300, exchange-traded funds and term deposits.
“The rise of SMSFs has been a feature of the superannuation landscape for some years now, stemming from people’s natural desire to have control of their own financial futures,” said LGS chief executive officer Peter Lambert.
“However, the fact is that managing your own super fund is not easy. Even aside from investment choice, there are considerable administrative and compliance burdens to be navigated.
“We have developed our DIY investment option to provide investment choices while delivering the level of service, administration and compliance that our members have grown to expect.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all