La Trobe Financial has extended the loan terms available on commercial lending products to 25 years, including its commercial SMSF product.
In a statement released late last week, La Trobe stated the product is “particularly relevant” for loans relating to commercial securities intended to be held long term, including warehouses, light industrial, offices and retail shops.
La Trobe Financial is offering the 25-year term as a standard option on both its commercial SMSF loan product and on all loan products where the security is owner-occupied.
“The long-term, [principal and interest] servicing loan profile is significant in complementing the breadth of the commercial lending program. La Trobe Financial knows that in order to be a ‘one stop shop’ for specialist commercial lending, it's fundamental to be able to offer a product range covering all of the typical deals brokers see,” said La Trobe’s executive head of credit for commercial lending, Steve Lawrence.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017ATO releases position paper, penalties approachBy Katarina Taurian
- 21 Aug 2017Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealedBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- view all
- Top investment mechanisms for tax savings revealed
While super remains one of the most tax-effective ways to save for retirement, if you’re unable to stay within caps then it may be worth c...read more
- view all