The ATO has announced the launch of an app that can help trustees run their SMSF from a mobile device.
The app aims to make it easier for individuals to conduct their taxation and superannuation affairs, according to the ATO.
“If you're an individual taxpayer, small business owner or self-managed super fund trustee, you can access tax and super information and tools all in one place,” the ATO stated.
The app includes a “package” for people considering whether an SMSF is right for them entitled ‘Thinking about an SMSF’, the ATO said.
“This is designed to help people who are looking into setting up an SMSF understand what's really involved and think about whether this major financial decision is right for them," the ATO stated.
“‘Thinking about an SMSF' is also a good refresher for new and existing trustees with plenty of information about responsibilities and important things to consider.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 08:00Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 08:00Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all