The addition of a Grant Samuel fund to the Colonial First State FirstChoice platform will provide a new investment option for SMSF trustees, according to the fund manager.
A statement from Grant Samuel Funds Management on Tuesday revealed that its Epoch Global Equity Shareholder Yield Fund had been added to the CFS investment platform.
Speaking to SMSF Adviser, Grant Samuel director Damien McIntyre said SMSFs are a distribution focus for the New York-based equities manager, with about 20 per cent of the fund’s net cash flows to date coming from SMSF investors.
“The reason why this fund or this strategy has been successful in our marketplace is that it focuses on dividends,” Mr McIntyre said.
“Given the lust for income amongst retirees and in particular self-managed super investors, this becomes a very attractive investment for them; previously, investors haven’t had the opportunities to invest in global equities with the outcome of getting dividend income.”
Mr McIntyre said it was his company’s fourth attempt at getting accepted for the FirstChoice platform, pointing to long-term distribution benefits.
“[FirstChoice] is the largest investment platform in the country,” he said. “Effectively, what this means is it really tightens up and creates many new opportunities that we were previously not seeing.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Finalists announced for landmark new awards programBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017SMSFs cautioned on ECPI trap with excess amountsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all