The DomaCom fractional property fund has been made available for recommendation by financial planners licensed by non-institutional group Beacon Financial Group.
In a statement issued on Friday, Beacon chief executive Peter Daly said the “innovative’ DomaCom Fund will have benefits for his adviser network and their clients".
“We believe the innovative DomaCom Fund is reflective of our own approach to financial advice, to deliver products that address the needs of our clients and that help our advisers progress their businesses,” Mr Daly said.
“It is a sound product that has brought a modern technology solution to an old and trusted asset class that is well known and understood by most investors, but often difficult to access because of its high cost.”
DomaCom chief Arthur Naoumidis said the move is reflective of the growing interest in the product among smaller financial planning groups.
“IFAs such as the Beacon Financial Group are our target market because the Fund caters for their business model as well as providing a foil to the property marketers who until now have been picking off investment clients wanting some property exposure,” Mr Naoumidis said.
“These firms are able to adapt quickly to new opportunities, to adopt protective strategies for their clients and, in this case, for their business, against predatory property spruikers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2017ATO set to add new items to SMSF watch listBy Katarina Taurian
- 26 Sep 2017ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trustsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reportingBy Staff Reporter
- 26 Sep 2017Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 26 Sep 2017Consultant flags strategies to negate complex ECPI calculationsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 25 Sep 2017Survey results point to major concerns with new reportingBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- ATO tipped to scrutinise property development and unit trusts
One big four accounting firm says the ATO has started to zoom in on property development in unit trusts being held in SMSFs and the calculat...read more
- Statistics reveal full impact of events-based reporting
Analysis conducted by SMSF software provider BGL Corporate Solutions has indicated that around 290,000 SMSFs will be affected by the events-...read more
- Tax advice exemption discrepancy driving away accountants
A discrepancy in ASIC’s treatment of licensed and unlicensed accountants in relation to the tax advice exemption instrument is driving acc...read more
- view all