Finance giant AMP has released its first-quarter results, showing a substantial increase in SMSF assets under administration.
SMSF assets under administration reached $17.3 billion at the end of the quarter, an increase of $741 million from Q4 2013, according to AMP.
The first quarterly results also showed AMP SMSF had approximately 14,900 member accounts under administration.
For the fourth quarter in a row, AMP’s North investment platform has received net cash flows of $1 billion or more, driving a 72 per cent rise in the company’s wealth management business growth.
North’s assets under management grew to $10.7 billion at the end of the quarter, up 11.5 per cent from $9.6 billion at the end of the fourth quarter of 2013.
“This is a solid result for the overall business. Our contemporary products continue to perform well, our focus on Asia is starting to deliver results and the performance of our insurance business is in line with guidance,” AMP chief executive Craig Meller said.
AMP said its wealth management net cash flows for the quarter were $363 million, up 72 per cent from $211 million in Q1 2013.
“Total AUM was $101.1 billion, up from $100.5 billion at the end of Q4 2013, reflecting relatively benign investment markets over the quarter,” AMP added.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017SMSFA appoints high-profile Australian as patronBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2017Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- view all