AMP's Andrew Hamilton has stood down as chair of the SMSF Professionals' Association of Australia (SPAA) board, and announced his successor to delegates at the SPAA National Conference in Brisbane today.
Peter Crump, superannuation strategist at ipac in South Australia, will take over from Mr Hamilton as chair of the board.
Mr Crump specialises in the provision of advice on superannuation issues, in particular SMSFs, according to SPAA's website. He also provides actuarial advice to SMSFs, and is a SPAA-accredited SMSF Specialist Adviser.
Mr Hamilton said it is with "great pleasure" that he welcomes Mr Crump to the role.
"He is an invaluable board member [and] I wish him all the very best," Mr Hamilton added.
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Finalists announced for landmark new awards programBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017SMSFs cautioned on ECPI trap with excess amountsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all