Financial services investment management and education group Wealth Within has launched a new investment platform which allows SMSFs to gear into direct property.
The Global One platform allows for SMSF gearing by acting as the bare trust for the fund, as well as offering SMSF compliance services.
“Any entity can buy into property off the platform but it supports SMSFs, so it eliminates the need to have to set up a separate bare trust,” Wealth Within executive director Lea Zerbes said at the platform’s launch this week.
The platform can also hold direct property in custody, allowing for valuations to be performed, Ms Zerbes said.
“Property trusts have to value at 30 June every year and it’s no different for us,” she said.
“Everyone says it can’t be done, we just had to work out the workflows to work out how it can be done. Nothing can’t be done on a platform or in technology.”
Wealth Within will also be rolling out an education program to coincide with Global One’s release, with a focus on SMSF borrowing both for advisers and their clients.
“If we were going to be introducing a new product advisers hadn’t dealt with on the platform before, we felt it was really important that they were educated on what the responsibilities are for the trustee.
“If they want to pass that on to their client under a white label… they can brand the information.”
The Global One platform has been in development for several years and is based on adviser feedback, with approximately 1,800 planner principal agreements already formed and 4,000 SMSF accountants also targeted, the group stated at its launch.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 May 2017ATO sheds light on LRBA reporting requirementsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 May 2017Software provider releases super reform-focused servicesBy Jotham Lian
- 22 May 2017ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance areaBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 May 2017Caution advised on ATO’s new super balance toolBy Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017SMSF real-time reporting slated for FY2018-19By Miranda Brownlee and Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017Lawyer points to benefits of AFCA for SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Software provider releases super reform-focused services
BGL has announced the release of services, designed to deal with the 2016-17 superannuation reforms, that will help clients tackle the new C...read more
- ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance area
With 8 per cent of funds failing to meet their lodgement obligations for the last two years at least, the ATO is set to up its compliance fo...read more
- view all