Heffron has launched an online compliance tool for SMSF practitioners, according to an announcement from the company.
“This new service is an ideal solution for SMSF practitioners looking to help their SMSF trustee clients meet these new SIS investment strategy compliance requirements” said Meg Heffron.
“It’s perfect for cases where the trustee or the adviser have already decided what the strategy should be and simply need to be absolutely sure they have covered the all the compliance bases,” she added.
Ms Heffron stated recent SIS changes for SMSF investment strategies require trustees to “regularly review” their investment strategy and “consider whether or not the fund should hold policies of insurance over the lives of its members”.
“We often find SMSF investment strategy compliance requirements fall into the lap of the accountant or the trustee’s adviser or, even worse, between the cracks,” Ms Heffron said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2016Risks flagged with real estate appraisal valuesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 21 Aug 2016Lawyer challenges ATO view on two fund strategiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reportingBy Katarina Taurian
- 18 Aug 2017Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tierBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Tax component confusion spurs potential tax liabilitiesBy Miranda Brownlee
- 18 Aug 2017Contributions triple in June quarter, survey showsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- ATO locks in details, addresses panic on real-time reporting
The tax office has addressed several points of confusion with the new events-based reporting regime, locked in key deadlines, and outlined w...read more
- Data feeds unreliable for new reporting, says mid-tier
With an estimated 20 per cent of SMSFs still encountering errors from data feeds, one mid-tier firm believes the ATO should allow SMSF pract...read more
- view all