Heffron has launched an online compliance tool for SMSF practitioners, according to an announcement from the company.
“This new service is an ideal solution for SMSF practitioners looking to help their SMSF trustee clients meet these new SIS investment strategy compliance requirements” said Meg Heffron.
“It’s perfect for cases where the trustee or the adviser have already decided what the strategy should be and simply need to be absolutely sure they have covered the all the compliance bases,” she added.
Ms Heffron stated recent SIS changes for SMSF investment strategies require trustees to “regularly review” their investment strategy and “consider whether or not the fund should hold policies of insurance over the lives of its members”.
“We often find SMSF investment strategy compliance requirements fall into the lap of the accountant or the trustee’s adviser or, even worse, between the cracks,” Ms Heffron said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 May 2017ATO sheds light on LRBA reporting requirementsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 May 2017Software provider releases super reform-focused servicesBy Jotham Lian
- 22 May 2017ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance areaBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 May 2017Caution advised on ATO’s new super balance toolBy Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017SMSF real-time reporting slated for FY2018-19By Miranda Brownlee and Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017Lawyer points to benefits of AFCA for SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Software provider releases super reform-focused services
BGL has announced the release of services, designed to deal with the 2016-17 superannuation reforms, that will help clients tackle the new C...read more
- ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance area
With 8 per cent of funds failing to meet their lodgement obligations for the last two years at least, the ATO is set to up its compliance fo...read more
- view all