Telstra Super has launched an investment platform that provides direct access to term deposits and shares in a bid to offer a “simpler” alternative to an SMSF, the corporate fund has announced.
‘Direct Access’ was developed in conjunction with UBS, and is initially available to accumulation members, according to the announcement.
“Direct Access provides Telstra Super members with the ability to choose from a range of term deposit options, and real-time online trading access to the domestic share market,” the announcement said.
“Members who were looking to set up a self-managed super fund now have a real alternative that is simpler than an SMSF.”
Telstra Super said term deposits are being offered by ME Bank, NAB and RaboDirect.
“We are delighted to be working with Telstra Super to provide an investment solution that offers their members the choice of managing their own investments conveniently and cost effectively while remaining under the umbrella of their super fund,” said UBS’ Scott Webster.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 29 May 2017Lawyer warns on ‘practical difficulty’ with TRIS commutationsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 29 May 2017Medicare levy rise spurs estate planning considerationsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 29 May 2017CFS highlights flaw in housing super saver schemeBy Miranda Brownlee
- 26 May 2017Merged association poised to shake up member servicesBy Katarina Taurian
- 26 May 2017Positive exclusion as LRBA amendments introduced to ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 26 May 2017Midwinter releases superannuation calculatorsBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Lawyer warns on ‘practical difficulty’ with TRIS commutations
Commuting a TRIS on 1 July 2017 instead of 30 June could result in an additional technical issue for SMSF clients, according to an industry ...read more
- Medicare levy rise spurs estate planning considerations
In light of the Medicare increase, SMSF practitioners may want to consider whether clients should direct their superannuation benefits to th...read more
- Merged association poised to shake up member services
Under the united banner of SISFA, two newly merged representative bodies are looking to provide “unique” member benefits, including faci...read more
- view all