Wealthtrac has appointed a sales specialist for self-managed super funds (SMSFs), as a result of the “phenomenal” growth of the sector.
James Macken has joined as SMSF business development manager and will oversee the growth of Wealthtrac’s online administration service for SMSFs.
Wealthtrac managing director and chief executive office Matthew Johnson said the move was a result the boom of the SMSF sector over the past decade.
“The growth in SMSFs over the past decade has been phenomenal,” Mr Johnson said.
“Today more and more people are setting up SMSFs, with the key motive of taking control over their super and investments.”
“[Mr Macken] will drive the expansion of our SMSF capabilities, with a special mandate to target financial advisers.”
Mr Macken has more than 15 years’ experience in the financial services sector including a role as business development manager with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank which he held for ten years.
More recently, this role also involved responsibility for delivering SMSF solutions to accountants and financial advisers.
He also held positions with BT Funds Management and perpetual Funds Management in adviser development roles.
With momentum continuing, Mr Johnson said he expects the demand for Wealthtrac’s SMSF platform to continue.
“We have seen a positive response to the Wealthtrac SMSF platform since its launch earlier this year,” Mr Johnson said.
“Advisers and trustees like that this SMSF application is cloud-based and satisfies all of the required reporting obligations in the running of an SMSF.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 22 May 2017ATO sheds light on LRBA reporting requirementsBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 May 2017Software provider releases super reform-focused servicesBy Jotham Lian
- 22 May 2017ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance areaBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 May 2017Caution advised on ATO’s new super balance toolBy Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017SMSF real-time reporting slated for FY2018-19By Miranda Brownlee and Katarina Taurian
- 19 May 2017Lawyer points to benefits of AFCA for SMSFsBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all
- Software provider releases super reform-focused services
BGL has announced the release of services, designed to deal with the 2016-17 superannuation reforms, that will help clients tackle the new C...read more
- ATO poised to ramp up focus on key compliance area
With 8 per cent of funds failing to meet their lodgement obligations for the last two years at least, the ATO is set to up its compliance fo...read more
- view all