The fight for super fund members is well and truly underway, and you can expect the smsf sector to compete vigorously
It is unlikely that retail and industry funds will ever really drive innovation in the superannuation industry – they are just too large and too slow to do it. It is much more likely that SMSFs and other investment platforms will continue to drive innovation and retail and industry superannuation funds will continue to play catch-up.
However, over the past few months there have been a number of articles in the press declaring the end of significant growth in self-managed superannuation and the emergence of new, more competitive retail and industry funds.
The authors suggest that retail and industry funds will use innovation to become more competitive. More competitive retail and industry funds will mean that SMSFs will be less attractive and growth in the sector will stall. It all sounds quite logical but, based on track record, not really believable.
To read the entire article, please click here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SMSF ADVISER BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017'No apparent benefit' in ATO positionBy Katarina Taurian
- 23 Aug 2017Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitionersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Aug 2017TBAR reporting tipped to expose illegal adviceBy Miranda Brownlee
- 22 Aug 2017Contentious views on segregation locked inBy Katarina Taurian
- 22 Aug 2017Contributions spike for 2016-17 financial yearBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017ATO targeting illegal retirement schemesBy Staff Reporter
- view all
- Transfer balance cap confusion posing risks for practitioners
Confusion around certain aspects of the transfer balance cap could be leading some practitioners to provide advice to clients based on premi...read more
- view all