For some time now we have been talking about the options which accountants have under the Future of Financial Advice reforms (FOFA).
Essentially these are:
• make a business decision about whether to stay in the SMSF space or get out
• stay in but refer clients to a financial adviser
• become licensed as an authorised representative under an AFSL holder
• apply to ASIC for a limited or a full licence
• use a combination of a limited licence and referring clients for advice outside the scope of the limited licence
Much of the early discussion and focus has been on becoming licensed – either with a limited licence or as an authorised representative.
To read the entire article, please click